Nature Reserve Tupana Arü Ü [3 Days Tour]
We’ll leave Leticia and head north along the Colombian side of the majestic Amazon River. After traveling approximately 60 km (37 miles) we will exit the main river and turn up the Paraná, a small tributary, where our lodge, the Tupana Arü Ü Nature Reserve, is located. The lodge is built in the middle of a classic tropical jungle. Our #ChildrenOfTheJungle will welcome you and fill you in on everything you need to know. After lunch, we will head out to explore the surrounding area. We’ll hike some trails while learning more about the rainforest. We’ll also interact with local and indigenous people to better understand their way of life. After supper we will have the unforgettable experience of discovering glowing plants, observing different animal species, and listening to the eerie sounds that begin after nightfall.
There are no activities scheduled for the morning while we prepare for an outing into the jungle. After lunch, we will hike down a trail for several hours into the depths of the forest until we find a suitable place to make camp. We’ll hang our hammocks and mosquito nets and then explore the surroundings. In this survival-type adventure we’ll be able to listen to the incredible sounds of the nocturnal creatures in the surrounding forest.
In the morning we’ll return to the lodge for breakfast. We’ll then follow another trail to some indigenous farms where we’ll observe their ancestral practices. A local guide will explain how they interact with the earth and how they prepare traditional foods. After lunch we will return to the bank of the Amazon where we will visit a friendly Yagua community to learn about their customs and culture. We’ll then return to Leticia.
- If you travel alone and on the day of your tour there are no more travelers you must assume a cost of $ 100 per trip (Leticia-Lodge), (Lodge-Leticia) or (Zacambu Rainforest lodge – Tupana Aru U Lodge).
- The start of our tours is at 9:00 and the end at 17:00hrs, if they need to start outside these hours they must assume a cost of $ 100 per trip, the $ 100 is per boat for up to 4 people, if it is from 5 to 8 people the cost is $ 150 per boat.
- This cost will not be paid at the time of booking but at the time of arrival in Leticia, if necessary.
- Do not collect fauna or flora.
- The lodge has solar panels that guarantee 24 hours of energy.
- The luggage for the jungle is limited to 14lbs per person. But it’s ok, you can leave the rest of your luggage in the warehouse of our office.
- Please do not smoke in the rooms, dining rooms, boats or during activities.
- To help reduce the environmental impact, bring a reusable bottle or canteen, which you can recharge with drinking water in the dispensers available in our office and lodge.
- For your peace of mind and for others #HijosDeLaSelva we ask you to have conversations quitely after 22 hours (10pm) and thus allow a relaxing rest and valuable time to enjoy the symphony of natural sounds produced by the Amazon rainforest.
Due to our hot and humid weather, we advise you to bring light clothes for the day and a slim sweater for the night, long-sleeved shirt, long pants, socks, light shoes, raincoat, swimsuit, sunscreen, insect repellent, personal hygiene items, small flashlight (preferably rechargeable or with batteries), photographic equipment, for reasons of safety and comfort the maximum luggage allowed is 14lbs per person, the surplus can be stored in our office.
- Reception at the airport and land transfer to your hotel in Leticia and ground transfers required in the plan.
- River transfer to the reserves
- All the activities mentioned in the plan
- Transportation for activities
Implements: hammocks and counters for camping – regional fishing equipment
- Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Fruit juice from the region, coffee and tea
- Drinking water
- Rubber boots
- Local Guide
- Medical assistance card
- Airline tickets
- Entrance to Leticia $ 32,000 (colombian pesos) per person
- Accommodation in Leticia
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
For the safety of our customers we have all the necessary navigation equipment required by Colombian laws, such as life jackets, navigation lights, radio and boats that offer stability and comfort for an adequate performance of the activities according to the needs of our medium, conducted by #HijosDeLaSelva trained and experienced.
The Lodge supplies drinking water for food consumption and preparation. The environments are equipped with fire extinguishers always guaranteeing the safety of our visitors.
The activities in the jungle such as walks and crossings are directed by #HijosDeLaSelva, experts and connoisseurs of their own region, with the ability to act in any situation that may arise.
Nuestros #HijosDeLaSelva son habitantes de las comunidades locales, grandes conocedores de la naturaleza, además cuentan con muchos años de experiencia integrados a nuestros proyectos, ellos disponen de los recursos naturales para trasmitir una importante convivencia con la selva y aunque se comunican únicamente en español logran trasmitir con seguridad y amabilidad una experiencia inolvidable, en esta región somos personas tranquilas y amistosas, nuestra comunicación es pausada y sobre todo estamos muy interesados en compartir nuestro conocimiento contigo.
- Periodo de lluvias – Diciembre a Mayo
- Periodo seco – Junio a Noviembre
- Inicio del tour :9:00 am desde Leticia
- Final del tour: 5:00 pm en Leticia
Los traslados a la reserva en horarios por fuera de los estipulados anteriormente se denominan transportes especiales y tendrán costos adicionales.
- Desayuno: 7:30 am
- Almuerzo: 12:00 pm
- Cena: 7:00 pm
- Salida para actividades partiendo desde el lodge
- Mañana: 8:30 am (excepto para las actividades al amanecer que son a las 5:00 am y el desayuno a las 8:00 am).
- Tarde: 2:30 pm
- Noche : 8:00 pm