Zacambu Rainforest Lodge [4 Days Tour]
We’ll travel for approximately two hours down the majestic Amazon River and up the Javari River, enjoying the vibrant landscape along the way. On arrival at the Zacambu Rainforest Lodge, our #ChildrenOfTheJungle will welcome you with a refreshing drink and help you get settled in your room. In the afternoon we’ll head out (on foot or by canoe, depending on the season) to see rubber trees and watch a rubber-tapping demonstration. You’ll learn about the local history of rubber tapping, which goes back more than one hundred years. We will then continue by boat down to where the two bodies of water meet to watch the friendly gray and pink dolphins.
We’ll welcome daybreak with a quiet outing in canoes, paddling around Lake João Pará as the forest awakes. After breakfast, our adventure will continue down a trail (on foot or by motorized canoe, depending on the season) toward Marajá Lagoon for more nature observation, including sights of the incredible Victoria regia aquatic plants and the walking trees that live in the area. We will then return to the lodge. Nightfall will be full of surprises as we search amid the rivers and lagoons for caimans of all sizes in their natural habitat.
We’ll head to Piranha Lagoon for a morning of fishing. We expect to catch different species of fish, among them the red piranha which is considered to be the fiercest of them all. In the afternoon there will be an outing by boat through nearby lagoons and rivers, exploring the vibrant landscapes and observing local fauna. At night we’ll head out on an exotic and fascinating adventure as we walk through the darkness. You’ll develop an unmatched feeling of admiration for the imposing majesty of the jungle’s nocturnal life.
In the morning we’ll head out by boat to begin a day filled with adventure and survival experiences. You’ll get to see what daily life is like for the locals—fishing, collecting fruit, and preparing a meal with our #ChildrenOfTheJungle. We’ll then take a hike, exploring the lowland jungle and observing the vegetation and animal species endemic to this habitat. A boat will be waiting for us at the river’s edge to take us back to the lodge. From there, we’ll return to Leticia.
- If you travel alone and on the day of your tour there are no more travelers you must assume a cost of $ 100 per trip (Leticia-Lodge) or (Lodge-Leticia).
- The start of our tours is at 9:00 am and the end at 17:00hrs, if they need to start outside these hours they must assume a cost of $ 100 per trip, the $ 100 is per boat for up to 4 people, if it is from 5 to 8 people the cost is $ 150 per boat.
- This cost will not be paid at the time of booking but at the time of arrival in Leticia, if necessary.
- Do not collect fauna or flora.
- The lodge has solar panels that guarantee 24 hours of energy.
- The luggage for the jungle is limited to 14lbs per person. But it’s ok, you can leave the rest of your luggage in the warehouse of our office.
- Please do not smoke in the rooms, dining rooms, boats or during activities.
- To help reduce the environmental impact, bring a reusable bottle or canteen, which you can recharge with drinking water in the dispensers available in our office and lodge.
- For your peace of mind and for others #HijosDeLaSelva we ask you to have conversations quitely after 22 hours (10pm) and thus allow a relaxing rest and valuable time to enjoy the symphony of natural sounds produced by the Amazon rainforest.
Due to our hot and humid weather, we advise you to bring light clothes for the day and a slim sweater for the night, long-sleeved shirt, long pants, socks, light shoes, raincoat, swimsuit, sunscreen, insect repellent, personal hygiene items, small flashlight (preferably rechargeable or with batteries), photographic equipment, for reasons of safety and comfort the maximum luggage allowed is 14lbs per person, the surplus can be stored in our office.
- Reception at the airport and land transfer to your hotel in Leticia and ground transfers required in the plan.
- River transfer to the reserves
- All the activities mentioned in the plan
- Transportation for activities
Implements: hammocks and counters for camping – regional fishing equipment
- Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Fruit juice from the region, coffee and tea
- Drinking water
- Rubber boots
- Local Guide
- Medical assistance card
- Airline tickets
- Entrance to Leticia $ 32,000 (colombian pesos) per person
- Accommodation in Leticia
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
For the safety of our customers we have all the necessary navigation equipment required by Colombian laws, such as life jackets, navigation lights, radio and boats that offer stability and comfort for an adequate performance of the activities according to the needs of our medium, conducted by #HijosDeLaSelva trained and experienced.
The Lodge supplies drinking water for food consumption and preparation. The environments are equipped with fire extinguishers always guaranteeing the safety of our visitors.
The activities in the jungle such as walks and crossings are directed by #HijosDeLaSelva, experts and connoisseurs of their own region, with the ability to act in any situation that may arise.
Nuestros #HijosDeLaSelva son habitantes de las comunidades locales, grandes conocedores de la naturaleza, además cuentan con muchos años de experiencia integrados a nuestros proyectos, ellos disponen de los recursos naturales para trasmitir una importante convivencia con la selva y aunque se comunican únicamente en español logran trasmitir con seguridad y amabilidad una experiencia inolvidable, en esta región somos personas tranquilas y amistosas, nuestra comunicación es pausada y sobre todo estamos muy interesados en compartir nuestro conocimiento contigo.
- Periodo de lluvias – Diciembre a Mayo
- Periodo seco – Junio a Noviembre
- Inicio del tour :9:00 am desde Leticia
- Final del tour: 5:00 pm en Leticia
Los traslados a la reserva en horarios por fuera de los estipulados anteriormente se denominan transportes especiales y tendrán costos adicionales.
- Desayuno: 7:30 am
- Almuerzo: 12:00 pm
- Cena: 7:00 pm
- Salida para actividades partiendo desde el lodge
- Mañana: 8:30 am (excepto para las actividades al amanecer que son a las 5:00 am y el desayuno a las 8:00 am).
- Tarde: 2:30 pm
- Noche : 8:00 pm