Zacambu Rainforest Lodge y Tupana Arü Ü Nature Reserve [6 Days Tour]
Days 1, 2, and 3 are the same as the first three days of the five-day tour.
We’ll travel southeast down the mighty Amazon River and then up the Javari River. The trip is approximately 75 km (47 miles). On arrival at the Zacambu Rainforest Lodge we will get settled into our rooms and then kick back with a local juice before enjoying lunch. Afterward, we’ll travel by boat back toward the confluence of the two rivers to watch the pink and gray dolphins that congregate there. These friendly creatures like to show off against the backdrop of a beautiful sunset and approaching nightfall.
Day two begins with an outing in small boats to the banks of the Javari River where we will begin exploring (either on foot or by canoe, depending on the season) in search of the exotic Victoria regia plants that grow naturally in swamps in the jungle. An exciting afternoon will be spent fishing for different types of piranhas, including the most viscous species. After these activities we’ll return to the lodge. At night we’ll begin an exhilarating outing in motorized canoes over nearby lagoons and waterways, experiencing the mysterious jungle in the darkness and observing caimans in their natural habitat.
Day three starts with a hike deep into the jungle, identifying species of plants and animals. You will also be introduced to the natural medicines of ancestral Amazonian cultures in an original demonstration presented by one of our #ChildrenOfTheJungle. When we return to the lodge there will be time to kick back and relax before preparing to return to Leticia.
We’ll leave the Zacambu Rainforest Lodge and head toward the majestic Amazon River. The trip will be an adventure as we travel through the flooded jungle. We will navigate approximately 130 km (81 miles), finally arriving at the Colombian side of the river where the Tupana Arü Ü is located. The lodge is built in the middle of a classic tropical rainforest. Our #ChildrenOfTheJungle will welcome you, filling you in on the details you’ll need to know and getting you situated in your room. Lunch will be served, followed by an outing in the afternoon to interact with the local and indigenous people. We will learn about their way of life and the customs they practice in the jungle. After supper we will begin our nighttime activities. We’ll follow paths through the forest and have the unforgettable experience of discovering glowing plants and hearing the eerie sounds of the jungle, as we become fully immersed in the surrounding environment.
No activities are scheduled in the morning. There will be time to take pictures and get ready for our trip into the jungle. After lunch, we will hike several hours down a trail into the depths of the forest. Once we find a suitable spot, we’ll set up camp, hang our hammocks and mosquito nets, and explore the surroundings. You will be able to hear the incredible sounds of the jungle’s nocturnal inhabitants during this survival-type adventure.
We will return to the lodge in the morning and have breakfast, with time to rest. After lunch, we will head back to the bank of the Amazon River where we will visit a friendly community belonging to the Yagua tribe. There will be an opportunity to learn about their customs and culture. After that, we will return to Leticia.
- If you travel alone and on the day of your tour there are no more travelers you must assume a cost of $ 100 per trip (Leticia-Lodge), (Lodge-Leticia) or (Zacambu Rainforest lodge – Tupana Aru U Lodge).
- The start of our tours is at 9:00 and the end at 17:00hrs, if they need to start outside these hours they must assume a cost of $ 100 per trip, the $ 100 is per boat for up to 4 people, if it is from 5 to 8 people the cost is $ 150 per boat.
- This cost will not be paid at the time of booking but at the time of arrival in Leticia, if necessary.
- Do not collect fauna or flora.
- The lodge has solar panels that guarantee 24 hours of energy.
- The luggage for the jungle is limited to 14lbs per person. But it’s ok, you can leave the rest of your luggage in the warehouse of our office.
- Please do not smoke in the rooms, dining rooms, boats or during activities.
- To help reduce the environmental impact, bring a reusable bottle or canteen, which you can recharge with drinking water in the dispensers available in our office and lodge.
- For your peace of mind and for others #HijosDeLaSelva we ask you to have conversations quitely after 22 hours (10pm) and thus allow a relaxing rest and valuable time to enjoy the symphony of natural sounds produced by the Amazon rainforest.
- This is a hot and humid climate. We suggest that you bring light clothing for daytime use and a light sweater for nights, long-sleeve shirts, long pants, socks, light shoes, waterproof rain slicker, swimsuit, sunscreen, insect repellant, toiletries, small flashlight (preferably rechargeable or with batteries), and camera. For your safety and comfort, luggage is limited to 7 kilograms (15 pounds) per person. You will be able to store any extra luggage with us in our office.
- Pick-up from the airport and ground transportation to your hotel in Leticia, as well as all ground transportation required for the tour plan.
- Transportation on the rivers to our reserves.
- All activities described in the tour plan.
- Transportation to the activities.
- Equipment: hammocks and mosquito nets for camping; fishing tackle.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and supper).
- Local fruit juices, coffee, and tea.
- Potable water.
- Rubber boots.
- Local Spanish-speaking guides.
- Medical assistance card.
- Airline tickets.
- Tourism entry fee for Leticia: COP 35,000 per person.
- Lodging in Leticia.
- Alcoholic and soft drinks.
For the safety of our clients, we use all necessary navigational equipment required by Colombian law. This equipment includes lifejackets, navigation lights, radios, and stable and comfortable watercraft that allow us to carry out our activities within the environment where we operate. Our boats are piloted by trained and experienced #ChildrenOfTheJungle.
The lodges provide potable water for drinking and food preparation. The lodges are equipped with fire extinguishers to guarantee the safety of our guests. Jungle activities like hikes and outings are guided by expert #ChildrenOfTheJungle who know their surroundings and are able to manage situations as they arise.
Our #ChildrenOfTheJungle come from our local communities. They are highly knowledgeable in natural subjects and they have many years of experience participating in our activities. They are naturally equipped to guide you through an immersive experience in the jungle. Even though they only speak Spanish, they are able to provide a safe, friendly, and unforgettable experience. The people in this area are peaceful and friendly; we speak clearly, and, above all, we are eager to share our knowledge with you.
- Rainy season: December to May
- Dry season: June to November
- Tours leave from Leticia at 9:00 a.m.
- Tours conclude on arrival in Leticia at 5:00 p.m.
Transportation to and from the reserves at times other than those mentioned above is considered to be special transportation and will incur an additional cost.
- Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 12:00 p.m.
- Supper: 7:00 p.m.
- Departure from the lodge for the activities:
- Morning: 8:30 a.m. (except for sunrise activities, which begin at 5:00 a.m.; on these days breakfast is served at 8:00 a.m.).
- Afternoon: 2:30 p.m.
- Evening: 8:00 p.m.